Tuesday, May 29, 2007

has it really been a year?

Well, it's only been a year since my last post and a lot of things have happened.

My Tennessee boy is back home from Joizee with a greater appreciation for his Southern home and family. His roomie is coming home this weekend as well, so they'll be looking for a new place, but I'm happy to have him here, if only for a little while.

I had back surgery in January to correct a ruptured disk and got lots of TLC from my hubby and son as well as my dear friends. I pretty well slept for 3 months...a much needed rest.

My dear friend Roxi Phillips, who I mentioned in my last post, has had not one, but two books published this past year and she graciously asked me to be a part of those projects. You can get them on Amazon: Make it in Minutes: Mini Books and Make It in Minutes: Hostess Gifts and Party Favors.

And now she has me all pumped up for the Craft and Hobby Association Convention in Chicago this summer to promote ourselves. We're participating in a tablescape with 2 other designers, Niki Meiners and Melony Bradley, setting up designer showcases of our work and we got in Tim Holtz's class, which was quickly filling up while we were registering. We have press kits to make, at least 100 each, and projects to complete for the tablescape and showcase....lots of work, not enough time, a bazillion things to get done before then ...and I'm sitting here piddling with this blog that I had forgotten I started last year. Old age is a sad thing.

On a sad note, our wonderful friend Brent Davis lost his battle with leukemia a couple of weeks ago. He found out about his illness about this time last year. He had a bone marrow transplant, a perfect 6.0 match from his sister, but after 30 days or so, the leukemia returned and he only had a couple of days left. Brent played mandolin with the Sorghum Hill Bluegrass Band (my DH is the bass player and harmony singer) and it was such a loss for them. On a good note, his 14-year-old son Sam is learning mandolin so he can take his Dad's place with the band. He actually traveled with the group to the Dixon, Missouri Bluegrass Festival this past weekend to fill in for the banjo player who had a pressing engagement in Memphis..his son was gaduating from high school.

That's it for today. Tomorrow is another day and I'm going to try my hand at posting photos. We'll see what happens.

No comments: