Saturday, May 20, 2006

trying to take a breather

This week has been so busy. I know, I know. We are all busy. I have been trying to stop and rest a little this week, but it doesn't seem to be working.

I had agreed to create an entire scrapbook in one week, about a child I have never met. Luckily, her mother took lots of pictures and had them organized very well, so I was able to chronicle her senior year with very little effort. I knew I had done a good job when her mother cried as she looked through the pages.

This has been a gorgeous week. The Memphis In May International Barbecue Festival is in full swing, and downtown Memphis smells like burnt pork, the aroma of the gods. It will linger through this evening when the champs will be announced. Then, after a final evening of partying, the teams will break down what has been their home for the last week and all will probably be gone by morning. Kind of like barbecue gypsies, which is what it's like. Stop for charcoal and a box of ribs or some shoulders or a whole hog and it's on to the next contest.

My dear, talented, beautiful friend Roxie Phillips called Thursday night to tell me she got a book deal. She is a paper artist who is so talented and so caring and so sharing. I know this will be a huge success for her. She puts so much into every piece she does.
I'm off this morning to stamp club meeting. Guess I'd better get it in gear....

No comments: