Saturday, May 13, 2006

Blog Day One

This is the first day of the rest of my life and I have decided to chronicle the future in this spot. I am a graphic designer as well as a fine artist (no...not a great artist, fine as in painter) and work in watercolor, colored pencil, acrylic and paper arts...just about anything but oil - waaay too messy and too slow to dry for an instant gatification person like me.

I have a special passion for paper. My father was a printer, so I have been around specialty papers all my life. I buy it and touch it and hoard it. I have papers I purchased 20 years ago that I haven't used....what if I could never get more? I do pull out some bits and pieces for special items and am trying to reduce my paper hoard somewhat. Of course, heading to my favorite paper stores at least once a week is definitely defeating that purpose.

I also hoard things I can stamp on such as tins and chipboard books and dominos and all the things a stamper can't live without.

My goal for the rest of the year is to submit as much as possible for publications. If I am lucky enough to get published and get paid ...even if it's in paper, I'll be in heaven...as long as it isn't cute paper. I am not a cutesy kind of girl.

I'm off to finish a scrapbook today. Hopefully the recipient will be proud. Then I think I will spend Mother's Day thinking of my child who just moved to New Jersey... my sweet Tennessee boy... and creating a book about him. After all....I have all that paper and lots of chipboard books.

No comments: